The following are my notes of Ed Gravely’s lecture at SEBTS.
– Paul’s 1st Missionary Journey (AD 47-48)
* Galatians was written
– Jerusalem Council (AD 49)
– Paul’s 2nd Missionary Journey (AD 49-51)
* 1 and 2 Thessalonians was written
* Paul visits Corinth on the 2nd missionary journey and is there for more than one year (Acts 18:11).
– Paul’s 3rd Missionary Journey
* Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians was written (AD 55).
* Paul is put in prison and writes the 4 prison epistles: Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, & Philemon.
– After the 3rd Missionary Journey Paul writes 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus. 2 Timothy was clearly written from prison.